Last Updated: June 10, 2020
External Privacy Notice
Your privacy is extremely important to us. Please read the below privacy notice to understand Oliver Technology Corporation’s online information practices and your related choices.
This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains how Oliver Technology Corporation, (“we” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses information about you when you use Oliver Technology Corporation’s website and other online services (collectively, the “Services”), or when you otherwise interact with us as described below, unless we state that a different Privacy Notice applies.
The effective date of this Privacy Notice is posted above. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make updates, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Privacy Notice, and if required by law, we may provide you with additional notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you interact with us as a client (or as a prospective or former client), send us an email, fill out a form, make a payment, apply for a job, interact with us on social media, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, username and password, postal address, email address, phone number, current occupation and business contact information, checking account, credit card or other financial account number, social security number, employment application information (including education and work history), social media username or handle, demographic information, preferences, state bar number and any other information you choose to provide.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
When you access or use the Services, we collect certain information about you that is sent to us automatically by your web browser, including:
- Log Information. Information about your use of the Services, including your internet protocol address (“IP address”), the identity of your Internet Service Provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. It is used to identify your computer’s “location” in cyberspace, so that the information you request can be delivered to you. If you use a dial-up connection or a connection that assigns dynamic IP addresses, your computer will be assigned a new IP Address each time you connect to the Internet. If, however, your computer is permanently connected to the Internet using a static IP address, the IP address assigned to your computer will generally be the same each time you use your computer. Although it does not identify you by name, we treat your IP address as your personal information.
- You should know that when you access the Services by clicking on a link in an electronic communication you receive from us, your browser tells us that someone has clicked on a particular link in that particular electronic communication. We use this information to improve our marketing efforts. In addition, we review our server logs — which contain visitors’ IP addresses — for security and fraud prevention purposes. If criminal activity is suspected, we may share our server logs and the personal information we have collected through the Services with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us, such as credit card verification, online recruiting, and web hosting service providers.
- Sale or Merger. We may share your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Oliver Technology Corporation’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Your Consent. With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you subsequently provide such information.
- Device Information. Information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile applications, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.Information collected by us or our third party providers using various technologies, including cookies and web beacons (or pixel tags). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to, among other things, improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are clear, electronic images that may be used on the Services or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Information from Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, we may use information from LinkedIn to update information about you in our contact database.
How We Use Your Information
- We use information about you for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Operate the Services and improve the content, functionality and usability of the Services;
- Provide legal services;
- Respond to your questions, comments and requests you have made through the Services;
- Contact you with information and notices related to your use of the Services;
- Invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (unless you have chosen not to receive such invitations);
- Assess job applicants and make hiring decisions;
- Ensure our mailing lists are accurate, current and do not contain multiple entries for the same individual;
- Monitor and analyze usage, trends and activities related to the Services to better understand your needs and interests.
How We Share Your Information
- We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which could be derived from your personal information. This is not considered personal information in law as this information will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Direct Marketing. We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without your consent. We obtain your opt-in consent to our marketing communications via the Site. We include an “opt-out” link in electronic newsletters and promotional emails we send you, so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future. If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, company name, postal address and email address so that we can locate you on our mailing lists. We will honor your request within a reasonable period of time and, in any event, within the time limits established by law.
Account Information. If you wish to access, update or correct your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or postal mail at Oliver Technology Corporation, 1120 20th Street NW, Suite 720S, Washington, DC 20036. We will respond to you within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identity. We reserve the right, subject to applicable law, to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you. Please know that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it and in accordance with applicable law and legitimate business interests.
When assessing the data retention period, we take into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Security of Information
We have reasonable and appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive about you. We maintain appropriate security standards to protect the personal information that we maintain.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) we cannot control security and privacy indefinitely; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of information or data exchanged between you and us cannot always be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or compromised when in transit by a third party.
Accuracy of Information
We strive to keep our records accurate and will make appropriate corrections when you notify us. Please let us know if there is incorrect information in any statements or other communications that you receive from us. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our Website.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Notice to California Residents